I am self-taught English as well, but not so fast, as I wish. To push myself in the right direction I decided to find time in my study-day(s) and try to write short "stories" based on questions from my topic in our Ravelry group. Here they are:
- where/how do you find all your ideas for a new pattern/creating new sts?
- how did you have the idea of becoming a crochet designer?
- how/when /where did you learn to crochet?
(thank you, Christine!)
- I think it might be interesting to hear about how living on a boat has influenced either your designing or the materials you choose to use or maybe funny stories related to both using fiber and being on the water (with cats!).
(thank you, Amy!)
- Or, since you’ve lived in different places, maybe how these crafts are “though of” in the places you’ve been. For example I think you mentioned that you don’t know of an actual yarn shop in Montenegro, but surely there are local knitters and crocheters, so where do they get their supplies? Frankly, I have no idea, but some of my thoughts about it.
- How did you learn to knit/crochet?
- What are your favorite stitches?
- What new stitches are you trying to learn or want to learn?
- Are there certain types of items you like making over others (for example: wearable items vs. usable vs. blankets)?
(thank you, Elizabeth!)
- What inspires you to come up with each design? Is there a story behind them?
- What inspired you to begin publishing your designs?
- Is there any advice you could give for those who want to design someday? The main one, my favorite: Go in the direction of where your fear grows. Read more.